March 16, 2010

Blog Manifesto

The intention of this blog is to watch every single one of the American Film Institute's top one hundred films of all time. This blog will contain reviews of every movie in order, from one to one hundred, examining, at least briefly, different aspects of each film. This may take a while, but I promise that I will get to every single film given due time. Even if I have seen the film before, I will re-watch it. From this I hope to gain a more expansive knowledge of the history of American cinema that will inform my viewings of films that I watch five, ten, fifteen years down the line.

As I watch every film, I will rate it on a scale of ten. This is not a typical ratings system: with the exception of a few films, I expect to encounter movies that would ordinarily be rated nine or more out of ten. With this in mind, I intend to use the ratings system relative to how influential and important the film is in the world of cinema.

Let's get it started!

No comments:

Post a Comment